You can easily reduce your rates across all your insurance policies if you take the right steps and measures. Here are six time-tested steps …
1. If you opt to pay your premiums monthly, you will pay more expensive insurance rates. Although this option is always less stressful, it is more expensive. There are transaction charges that are incurred when processing a check. . While annual payment contracts just one check and therefore one transaction every year, monthly payments attract twelve. You'll then have to pay the total of twelve transaction fees.
2. Participating in life-threatening sports make you a big risk to an insurance company. If you sincerely intend to reduce your life insurance rates you must change to safer sports and games.
3. A simple but effective way of bringing down your rate is by authorizing an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). This authorizes your bank to credit your insurer with your premium payments without any intervention from you until you advise otherwise. This eliminates administrative overheads like those incurred when mailing payment notices. Your rate is there before bought down to reflect the lower cost of giving you insurance.
4. Insurers have special driving programs that are intended to improve your driving.You may be aware of defensive driving. Get trained in defensive driving. Defensive driving training programs that are recognized by your insurer will certainly bring down your auto insurance rate.
5. There are state health insurance plans for little children that will save you much if you use them for your kids. There are conditions that must be fulfilled before you are deemed eligible.
But check if you're eligible as this will cost you nothing or very little in most cases. These state plans for children will save you a ton of cash if you have a child with a special ailment when compared to what you would spend if you go for traditional health insurance.
6. Get and compare quotes from reputable sites. You could easily save a few thousand dollars if you do this for all your insurance policies. Remember, it's free, quick and very easy.