More often than not, consumers in CA like to go for group health insurance offered by their employers. However, all the business owners do not offer this facility. Moreover, all the consumers in CA are not employed. Some of them have their own business though at a smaller scale.
Entrepreneurs and micro business owners need self employed health insurance plans customized according to their needs. In fact, the concept of self employed health insurance plans is targeted to the individuals who run their own business. This could include retirees also who are looking to start their own business after the termination of their employment.
Consumers need to take care that unlike a group health insurance plan, self employed policies in CA will not include a share of payment from the employer. All the expenses will be borne by the enrollee itself.
Tips for finding a suitable self employed health insurance plan in CA
1. Unlike a group health insurance plan, the cost will be borne by the enrollee. Therefore, the consumer should think of exploring wider option while buying health insurance plan.
2. For self employed consumers, it is advisable to buy a plan that provides coverage for catastrophic or emergency medical needs. Such consumers can avoid buying a health insurance plan that provides coverage for basic medical needs.
3. Consumers can think to buy a higher deductible health insurance plan in CA. This is very helpful if the consumers are enjoying very good health status, as the premiums will be on the lower side.
4. Consumers should make sure that they have reviewed multiple health insurance quotes before buying any health insurance plan in CA. Understanding the terms and conditions is also very crucial.
5. Consumers need to note that the price of a plan having same level of coverage can’t be different in CA. So, when they search for an affordable self employed health insurance plan, they should not fall in trap of pseudo cheaper health insurance.
If consumers follow these tips, buying a self employed health insurance plan becomes pretty easy for residents of CA.