Due to the fact that women have fewer accidents, drive shorter distances, and log fewer miles than men, their car insurance rates are cheaper. However, if you're a women you still want to get the cheapest insurance with the best company you can. Here's a step-by-step plan to do just that:
1. Comparison shop – Because auto insurance premiums can vary by hundreds, even thousands of dollars from one company to the next, the first thing you need to do to get cheap car insurance is to go to an insurance comparison website. There you can compare rates from different companies and choose the rate that's best for you.
Some of these sites offer a chat feature and an online telephone service so you can get answers to your all auto insurance questions from an insurance expert (See link below.)
2. Increase your deductible – Increasing your deductible from $ 250 to $ 500 can save you up to 30% on your yearly premium. Raising it to $ 1,000 can save you up to 50%.
3. Consolidate your insurance – Purchasing both your car insurance and your homeowners or renters insurance from the same company can save you up to 15% on your insurance.
4. Drop your collision and comprehensive coverage – Consider dropping your collision and comprehensive coverage if you drive an older model car and the cost of your annual premium plus your deductible is the same as the value of your car.
5. Install security devices – Most insurance companies will give you discounts for air bags, antilock brakes, and automatic seat belts. They will also give you discounts if you install a burglar alarm or other anti-theft device in your car.
Do not Just Compare Rates, Compare Ratings
In addition to getting the cheapest rate you can, you also want to get your insurance from a top-rated company. Go to JD Power & Associates 'website (jdpower.com), and Epinions' website (epinions.com) to get consumer ratings and reviews of companies by their customers.