Students typically have little extra money to spend, but unfortunately have to pay top dollar for car insurance, with drivers under age 25 paying the highest car insurance rates of anyone. So where can you get cheap car insurance for students?
Insurance rates can vary broadly from company to company, so you need to compare shop to make sure you're getting the cheapest car insurance you can.
The best place to comparison shop for car insurance is on an insurance comparison website. On such a website, you complete a form with information about your vehicles, personal information, coverage limits, and deductibles. Then you'll receive fast quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies and you can choose the cheapest quote from the best company.
On the best comparison websites, you can also talk with insurance professionals through an online chat service or toll-free telephone service and get all your insurance questions answered (see link below).
Plan to Save
To keep your car insurance as cheap as possible, follow these tips:
* Keep your grades up so you can qualify for a good student discount.
* Enroll in a driver's education or defensive driving class.
* Drive carefully and safely so you can qualify for a good driver discount after three years with no tickets or accidents.
* Keep your credit rating in good shape. If you have poor credit, your insurance costs may be higher.
* Before you buy a car, check into the cost to insure it. Your premium will be affected by the car's sticker price, potential repair costs, overall safety record, safety features, and the likelihood of theft.
* Set your comprehensive and collision deductibles as high as you can afford. If your car is more than five years old, consider dropping comprehensive and collision coverage alike.
* Ask your insurance company if there are any additional discounts you might qualify for so you can get the cheapest car insurance possible.